Curriculum Articles, Pictures, & Assemblies
We are always on the lookout for items that pertain to our curriculum.
Please save any newspaper or magazine articles or pictures that relate to (but not limited to) the following topics:
- Family life depicting Japanese-Americans
- Japanese clothing
- Japanese-Americans in different occupational roles
- Martial Arts
- Tea ceremony
- Japanese gardens
- Japanese architecture and/or influence on western buildings
- Nihonmachi, San Jose, and San Francisco
- Japanese products found in USA
- Prominent Japanese-Americans
- Rice plants and products
- Bamboo and products
- Seaweed and products
- Soybeans and products
- Silkworks and products
- Japanese Festivals
- Folk Tales
- Japanese cooking and recipes
- Tracing our roots
Please bring any materials to our Parents' Orientation Meeting in May.
Also, if you know of any commercial materials worth purchasing, please jot down the information and give it to the Suzume no Gakko Director.
We really appreciate all your help to make Suzume no Gakko a better learning experience for our children.
We are also looking for resource people to come in to the school for assemblies.
If you know of anyone with a special talent that relates to our Japanese heritage, please have them contact the Suzume no Gakko Director.